SDBC Women hosts regular events like Women Doing Life Together and Moments for Moms. It also hosts special events with amazing guest speakers. We're all about connecting women in our community to one another and to Christ.
Moments for Moms:
Join us on the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at 9:15AM for coffee and connection. Each week, we have treats, hot coffee, and tea, a fantastic program for your children up to five years old, and even cuddlers for your babies. We organize each gathering with you in mind. We engage topical speakers to help you navigate parenting, marriage, and nutrition. We also facilitate children’s toy and clothing exchanges, home decor exchanges, and ladies clothing and accessory swaps. Don't forget to check out our Facebook page for more info. This is a free event. Bring your friends. Everyone is welcome!
Women in the Word:
How do you pray? Who is Jesus Christ? How is the bible relevant to my life? What can I do with this knowledge today? How can it help me deal with my worries and fears? Come and join us as we delve into the bible to answer these and many more questions. Whether you are seeking, hurting, or wanting to grow in your faith, this is a safe place to explore and find support. New classes will be starting up in September. Our groups meet on Wednesday mornings at 9:15AM with childcare provided, or Monday evenings at 7PM. We also have other community groups that meet at homes around Tsawwassen and Ladner. Find what works best for you.
Wednesday morning options:
1. 1 Peter: A Living Hope (by Jen Wilkin): a challenge to look beyond our current circumstances to a future inheritance; DVD and study book; some homework required.
2. A general overview of the bible using ELL (English language learner) materials.
3. "Sweeter than Chocolate": a flexible inductive study series designed to "meet you where you are, and take you as far as you want to go." It is a study of Psalm 119, focusing on the importance and benefits of studying God's word. Some topics are "your source for answers in a world of questions," and "finding security in unstable times."
4. Understanding Your Spiritual Gifts (by Kay Arthur): this is a six week series and no homework is required. Forty minutes a week could change your life.
Monday evening options:
1. Precept Inductive Study Acts Part II: Paul, Jesus' Witness to the Gentiles (by Kay Arthur): observe Paul's transformation from persecutor to preacher. Travel with him as he proclaims the gospel throughout the Roman world. Examine witnessing and living out your faith, empowered by the Holy Spirit; study book; homework required; NOTE: Part I is not required.
2. The Armor of God (by Priscilla Schirer): how to combat the enemy who seeks to wreak havoc on your heart, your mind, your marriage, your children, your relationships, your resilience; DVD and study book; some homework required.
Women Doing Life Together:
We are making some exciting changes to this event so we are pausing it for a few months. Stay tuned here for updates.
SDBC Women exists to help you plug into our church community. If you are an adult, please consider getting connected to SDBC Women. If you want to know how you can plug in, contact .