Sunday, July 05, 2020, 9:40 AM - 11:00 AM
The goal with this "Watch Party" event is to facilitate an under 50 person on-site gathering centred around watching our Sunday morning Church Online service for people who currently do not have access to the internet or who struggle with connecting online. Our plan is to eventually introduce more "Watch Party" type events for anyone in the church, however, we currently see a need with helping people to re-engage in a Sunday morning context that have been disconnected due to technical limitations. This event will follow the same safety guidelines and protocols as our other on-site events, but with one major distinction: we are asking anyone who attends our Sunday morning "Watch Party" planning to sing during the online service, that they please wear a mask. We want to help create and promote a safe environment for anyone to attend. Currently, singing is potentially a higher risk activity in an indoor space with multiple people outside of your immediate social bubble.
Doors to the foyer will open at 9:40AM and we will join our livestream, which begins with a countdown at 9:45AM and the service beginning at 10AM.
When you arrive on-site, you can expect to see a greeter who will confirm your registration. Please enter through the main courtyard doors leading in to the foyer. As you arrive, we encourage you to use the hand sanitizer stations and we ask that you respect physical distancing guidelines of staying at least two metres apart from others. The Chapel will be set-up to promote social distancing in terms of seating and we will join our livestream service right at 9:45AM.
Please be respectful of these guidelines as it will help people feel more confident and comfortable when joining us for events at church. Our posture as we re-engage in on-site ministries will be what we learned in a recent sermon from Philippians 2:3-4: "In humility, count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others."
The following are general guidelines for you to follow when you come to this event:
- All events will require pre-registration. No walk-in events for now (following health authorities' guidelines for contact tracing).
- No handshakes, fist pumps, or hugs. Please greet one another with a friendly wave and a smile.
- Respect physical distancing (2 metres or 6.5 feet) at all times.
- We encourage everyone to use the hand sanitizer stations when you arrive at the event and frequently as needed.
- Don't come to an event if you're sick or showing any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Please let us know if you started showing symptoms of COVID-19 after attending our event.
- There will have to be strict event start and end times in order to allow a thorough cleaning and disinfecting process in between events.
- Speak respectfully and graciously.
- We won't be serving food and beverages. You may bring your own drink to an event, but no sharing or serving others.
- Please feel free to wear masks to our events; we will not be providing masks at our events. However, if you plan to sing during our Church Online service, masks are required.
Click here to pre-register for this event or help someone that is not connected to the internet register for this event. You can also call the church office at 604-943-8244 during office hours (M-TH, 9AM-4PM) to register for this event or promote our "Watch Party" by encouraging someone that is not connected to the internet to call the church and register for this event. All future "Watch Party" registrations will open at 3PM on the Monday prior to the "Watch Party" date.